Programs > Brochure
This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
IES Abroad Santiago
Santiago, Chile (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Calendar Year||2016||09/15/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2016||09/24/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Program Type:||Third Party Provider||Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Language Prerequisite:||Yes||Housing Options:||Home Stay|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Program Advisor:||Office of Education Abroad (Email firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Courses Offered:||Anthropology, Art History, Economics, Health Communication, History, International Studies, Internship, Political Science, Pre-Architecture, Pre-Med, Spanish||Program Purpose:||Study|
Photo Courtesy: IES Abroad 2014, Santiago
We're ready to show you something extraordinary.
- Whether you've always known you'd study abroad or are considering it for the first time, something extraordinary happens when you go abroad. Every day we see how studying abroad changes students' lives, and our mission has always been to provide the best cultural and academic experience abroad possible. How will study abroad redefine you? We can't wait to find out.
- From our advisor support before you leave to the support of our Center staff abroad, you are always our top priority. Whether it’s the orientation program that prepares you for what’s ahead, your housing that is well-located and comfortable, or advising you on the best courses to fit your academic needs—we’re all about our student services and support. This is just one of the things we’re known for.
- You're smart. You worked hard to get to where you are, and our goal is to make sure that wherever you study abroad with us, you're surrounded by bright students like yourself. Prepare to meet other motivated students and faculty who will teach and challenge you in new and innovative ways. Our studies also show that by studying abroad, you are more likely to get your first job sooner after graduation and with a higher starting salary. Studying abroad is a wise decision!
- You want to see the world and we're ready to show it to you. We’re not ashamed to say we’re a little bit obsessed with study abroad, which means providing you with a mind-bending, life-changing, opinion-altering study abroad experience is at the heart of what we do.
- We are a trusted study abroad partner to more than 200 U.S. colleges and universities. As a not-for-profit organization with over 60 years of leadership in study abroad, we dedicate our resources to offering you the best possible study abroad programs in more than 20 countries and 35 cities. And while the world is always changing, our commitment to honor the trust of students like you, your parents, and our partners is unwavering.
Our mission is simple: to provide you with the best study abroad program possible, which includes the highest quality academic and cultural experiences.
We offer unique courses that explore Spanish Language, Chilean History, and Culture through an in-depth and hands-on approach. Our world class professors and course options at prestigious local universities enhance your academic experience and provide you with new perspectives each day in class.
This program utilizes the same grading scale and credit system as the USA. You take 15–19 credit hours per semester, and all courses are worth 3 credits unless otherwise specified. All courses at IES Abroad Santiago and partner universities are taught in Spanish
Part of making you feel at home in Santiago is doing our best to help you feel safe and cared for. Whether it’s the program that prepares you for what’s ahead, your housing that is well located and comfortable, or the field trips that take you to places off the beaten path—we’re all about our student services. This is just one of the things we’re known for.
Life in Santiago:
As the capital of Chile, a country with one of the strongest economies in Latin America, Santiago is the industrial and financial center of Chile and home to more than six million people, making it an ideal place to observe rapid development and its effects on culture and society. Experience first-hand how historic and modern architecture, fine and folk arts, a dynamic business sector, and fascinating history come together in this electrifying metropolis.
The IES Abroad Santiago Program allows you to fully immerse yourself in the daily life and culture of Chile while studying the Spanish language and Latin America. Courses are taught in Spanish by distinguished professors from IES Abroad partner universities.
Santiago will also be your classroom. Can you imagine practicing your Spanish as you tour local neighborhoods; or visiting local business organizations as part of your study of Chile’s regional and global trade? Welcome to study abroad. Wherever possible, our courses take advantage of the city’s many historical, artistic, and cultural sites, and several courses also include a hands-on, practical component.
You can enroll in courses at local universities, including the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile and the Universidad de Chile, where you’ll experience the Chilean educational system firsthand and enjoy access to local student activities. Maybe you’ll even make some Chilean friends while you’re at it.
Enrollment in a unique Health Studies option is also available and allows you to gain practical, medically related experience in Chile and to gain a medical vocabulary in the Spanish language.
Finally, we want you to feel at home in Santiago, so we will do everything we can to help you integrate into life in Santiago. Whether it’s through our Amigos Chilenos Program, an internship, or a service learning placement at a social service or health organization, you’ll have lots of opportunities to get to know the residents of Santiago.
While abroad, students continue to pay their Case tuition rather than the tuition at their new institution. In addition there are several expenses students’ financial aid can potentially help to fund. These are listed in the attachments below.