Programs > Brochure
This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
IES Abroad Quito Direct Enrollment - Universidad San Francisco de Quito
Quito, Ecuador (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Calendar Year||2016||09/15/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2016||09/15/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Academic Year||2016-2017||03/01/2016 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Program Type:||Exchange, Internship||Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Language Prerequisite:||Yes||Housing Options:||Home Stay|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Program Advisor:||Office of Education Abroad (Email email@example.com)|
|Courses Offered:||Arts, Communication Sciences, Economics, Engineering Physics, English, Management, Mathematics, Pre-Architecture, Pre-Med, Spanish|
We're ready to show you something extraordinary.
- Whether you've always known you'd study abroad or are considering it for the first time, something extraordinary happens when you go abroad. Every day we see how studying abroad changes students' lives, and our mission has always been to provide the best cultural and academic experience abroad possible. How will study abroad redefine you? We can't wait to find out.
- From our advisor support before you leave to the support of our Center staff abroad, you are always our top priority. Whether it’s the orientation program that prepares you for what’s ahead, your housing that is well-located and comfortable, or advising you on the best courses to fit your academic needs—we’re all about our student services and support. This is just one of the things we’re known for.
- You're smart. You worked hard to get to where you are, and our goal is to make sure that wherever you study abroad with us, you're surrounded by bright students like yourself. Prepare to meet other motivated students and faculty who will teach and challenge you in new and innovative ways. Our studies also show that by studying abroad, you are more likely to get your first job sooner after graduation and with a higher starting salary. Studying abroad is a wise decision!
- You want to see the world and we're ready to show it to you. We’re not ashamed to say we’re a little bit obsessed with study abroad, which means providing you with a mind-bending, life-changing, opinion-altering study abroad experience is at the heart of what we do.
- We are a trusted study abroad partner to more than 200 U.S. colleges and universities. As a not-for-profit organization with over 60 years of leadership in study abroad, we dedicate our resources to offering you the best possible study abroad programs in more than 20 countries and 35 cities. And while the world is always changing, our commitment to honor the trust of students like you, your parents, and our partners is unwavering.
IES Abroad’s mission is simple: to provide you with the best study abroad program possible—which includes the highest quality academic and cultural experiences. That is why we partnered with the Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ).
Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ)
A modern institution of higher learning, USFQ is one of Ecuador's most prestigious universities and offers a full range of programs and courses. Its faculty includes almost half of the Ph.D.’s in the country, and its library and information technology is the most up-to-date in Ecuador.
USFQ's wide variety of disciplines allows students with almost any academic background to find exciting and challenging course options. Popular disciplines with past IES Abroad students include Cultural Anthropology, Development Studies, Environmental Studies, International Economics, Latin American History, and Photography.
USFQ offers nearly 1,500 courses each semester in a variety of disciplines.
You take a Spanish language course and can participate in any course in any department at the university provided you meet the discipline and language prerequisites, as demonstrated on the Spanish language placement exam.
This program utilizes the same grading scale and credit system as the USA.
Part of making you feel at home in Quito is doing our best to help you feel safe and cared for. Whether it is an orientation program that makes you feel prepared, housing that is well-located and comfortable, or the field trips that take you to places off the beaten path—we’re all about our student services. This is just one of the things we’re known for.
Life in Quito:
Quito is perfect for the adventurous soul. With its surrounding mountains, you’re always just a climb away from a breathtaking view of the valley and from a bird’s-eye view of the colonial Spanish architecture that makes the city famous. Plus, Quito is a great base for trips to the rainforests and marine habitats that make Ecuador famous around the world. We invite you to Ecuador to improve your Spanish while enjoying all that this amazing city has to offer.
Quito and the surrounding area will also be your classroom. Can you imagine practicing your Spanish skills at a traditional fiesta or observing local artisans creating homemade crafts? Welcome to study abroad!
While in Quito, you will directly enroll at the Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ) and take all of your courses at the University. Because USFQ offers nearly 1,500 courses each semester in a wide variety of disciplines, students with almost any academic interest can find exciting and challenging enrollment options.
Founded in 1988, USFQ is one of the most distinguished private universities in Ecuador and has the largest international exchange program in the region, with more than 100 agreements with universities throughout the world. The University, which follows the U.S. academic calendar, has a faculty that includes almost half of the Ph.D.’s in the country. USFQ also has two biological research stations, which augment their Environmental Studies options: the Galápagos Academic Institute for the Arts and Sciences (GAIAS) on the island of San Cristóbal, and the Tiputini Biodiversity Station (TBS) in the Amazon basin. Both are desirable destinations for students of the Natural Sciences.
USFQ’s beautiful campus is located in an attractive suburb about 40 minutes by bus or 15 minutes by taxi from central Quito. Through USFQ’s extracurricular program, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in extracurricular events and clubs, such as its film club, ecology club, and sports teams.
In addition to the services provided through the university, IES Abroad organizes a special orientation program, field trips, cultural events, and other activities to help you integrate into the local culture. We want you to feel at home in Quito, so we will do everything we can to help you integrate into life in Quito.
While abroad, students continue to pay their Case tuition rather than the tuition at their new institution. In addition there are several expenses students’ financial aid can potentially help to fund. These are listed in the attachments below.