Programs > Brochure
IES Abroad Buenos Aires - Advanced Spanish Immersion
Buenos Aires, Argentina (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Calendar Year||2016||09/15/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2016||09/15/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Academic Year||2016-2017||03/01/2016 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Program Type:||Internship, Third Party Provider||Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Language Prerequisite:||Yes||Housing Options:||Home Stay, On-Campus Apartment|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Program Advisor:||Office of Education Abroad (Email firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Courses Offered:||Anthropology, Environmental Studies, History, International Business, International Studies, Internship, Political Science, Service Learning, Spanish, Theater|
All About IES:
We're ready to show you something extraordinary:
- Whether you've always known you'd study abroad or are considering it for the first time, something extraordinary happens when you go abroad. Every day we see how studying abroad changes students' lives, and our mission has always been to provide the best cultural and academic experience abroad possible. How will study abroad redefine you? We can't wait to find out.
- From our advisor support before you leave to the support of our Center staff abroad, you are always our top priority. Whether it’s the orientation program that prepares you for what’s ahead, your housing that is well-located and comfortable, or advising you on the best courses to fit your academic needs—we’re all about our student services and support. This is just one of the things we’re known for.
- You're smart. You worked hard to get to where you are, and our goal is to make sure that wherever you study abroad with us, you're surrounded by bright students like yourself. Prepare to meet other motivated students and faculty who will teach and challenge you in new and innovative ways. Our studies also show that by studying abroad, you are more likely to get your first job sooner after graduation and with a higher starting salary. Studying abroad is a wise decision!
- You want to see the world and we're ready to show it to you. We’re not ashamed to say we’re a little bit obsessed with study abroad, which means providing you with a mind-bending, life-changing, opinion-altering study abroad experience is at the heart of what we do.
- We are a trusted study abroad partner to more than 200 U.S. colleges and universities. As a not-for-profit organization with over 60 years of leadership in study abroad, we dedicate our resources to offering you the best possible study abroad programs in more than 20 countries and 35 cities. And while the world is always changing, our commitment to honor the trust of students like you, your parents, and our partners is unwavering.
Our mission is simple: to provide you with the best study abroad program possible—which includes the highest quality academic and cultural experiences.
We offer unique courses that explore Argentine Language, History, and Culture, as well as other topics, through an in-depth and hands-on approach. Our world-class professors and course options at prestigious local universities enhance your academic experience and provide you with new perspectives each day in class.
This program utilizes the same grading scale and credit system as the USA. While in Buenos Aires, you must take 15–19 credit hours per semester. All courses are worth 3 credits unless otherwise specified. All courses are taught in Spanish and are offered both Fall and Spring semesters unless otherwise noted.
Part of making you feel at home in Buenos Aires is doing our best to help you feel safe and cared for. Whether it is an orientation program that makes you feel prepared, housing that is well-located and comfortable, or the field trips that take you to places off the beaten path—we’re all about our student services. That is just one of the things we’re known for.
Life in Buenos Aires:
You read, write, and speak Spanish well—so why not take your education to the next level? Live and study in Buenos Aires! Specially designed for students with advanced Spanish language proficiency, our program allows you to build your language skills and cultural literacy as you immerse yourself in the culture of Argentina.
Buenos Aires will also be your classroom. Perfect your Spanish skills and make new friends while chatting with local Argentine students. Land an internship and gain real-life experience in your field of study. Welcome to study abroad!
In addition to advanced language study at the IES Abroad Buenos Aires Center, you will choose courses from a variety of Spanish-taught IES Abroad courses focusing on areas such as Literature, Latin American Studies, Political Science, the Arts, and International Economics. You are also required to take at least one course at one of IES Abroad’s prestigious partner universities.
Finally, we want you to feel at home in Buenos Aires, so we will do everything we can to help you integrate into life in Buenos Aires. From internships to cultural activities, you will have numerous opportunities to get to know Argentina.
While abroad, students continue to pay their Case tuition rather than the tuition at their new institution. In addition there are several expenses students’ financial aid can potentially help to fund. These are listed in the attachments below.