Programs > Brochure
This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
IES Abroad Buenos Aires - Latin American Societies and Cultures
Buenos Aires, Argentina (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2015||03/01/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Academic Year||2015-2016||03/01/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Calendar Year||2016||09/15/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2016||09/24/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Program Type:||Third Party Provider||Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish|
|Housing Options:||Home Stay, On-Campus Apartment||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Program Advisor:||Office of Education Abroad (Email firstname.lastname@example.org)||Courses Offered:||English, Ethnic Studies, International Studies, Spanish|
All About IES:
We're ready to show you something extraordinary:
- Whether you've always known you'd study abroad or are considering it for the first time, something extraordinary happens when you go abroad. Every day we see how studying abroad changes students' lives, and our mission has always been to provide the best cultural and academic experience abroad possible. How will study abroad redefine you? We can't wait to find out.
- From our advisor support before you leave to the support of our Center staff abroad, you are always our top priority. Whether it’s the orientation program that prepares you for what’s ahead, your housing that is well-located and comfortable, or advising you on the best courses to fit your academic needs—we’re all about our student services and support. This is just one of the things we’re known for.
- You're smart. You worked hard to get to where you are, and our goal is to make sure that wherever you study abroad with us, you're surrounded by bright students like yourself. Prepare to meet other motivated students and faculty who will teach and challenge you in new and innovative ways. Our studies also show that by studying abroad, you are more likely to get your first job sooner after graduation and with a higher starting salary. Studying abroad is a wise decision!
- You want to see the world and we're ready to show it to you. We’re not ashamed to say we’re a little bit obsessed with study abroad, which means providing you with a mind-bending, life-changing, opinion-altering study abroad experience is at the heart of what we do.
- We are a trusted study abroad partner to more than 200 U.S. colleges and universities. As a not-for-profit organization with over 60 years of leadership in study abroad, we dedicate our resources to offering you the best possible study abroad programs in more than 20 countries and 35 cities. And while the world is always changing, our commitment to honor the trust of students like you, your parents, and our partners is unwavering.
Our mission is simple: to provide you with the best study abroad program possible—which includes the highest quality academic and cultural experiences.
We offer unique courses that explore Argentine Language, History, and Culture through an in-depth and hands-on approach. Our world-class professors and course options at prestigious local universities enhance your academic experience and provide you with new perspectives each day in class.
This program utilizes the same grading scale and credit system as the USA. While in Buenos Aires, you take 15–19 credit hours per semester, and all courses are worth 3 credits unless otherwise specified. Language courses are taught in Spanish. Advanced level Spanish students with four or more semesters of Spanish or the equivalent can take a maximum of two English-taught courses.
You customize your own academic experience by selecting from the following required and optional program components.
Part of making you feel at home in Buenos Aires is making sure you feel safe and cared for. Whether it is an orientation program that makes you feel prepared, housing that is well-located and comfortable, or the field trips that take you places off the beaten path— we’re all about our student services. This is just one of the things we’re known for.
Life in Buenos Aires:
If you’re ready for an urban adventure, Buenos Aires is your city. With endless city districts and neighborhoods to explore, you will get lost in the sights and sounds of Buenos Aires. Tango the night away as you learn the country’s popular dance, attend one of the many soccer games, and browse the local art scene—all this and more awaits you as a study abroad student in Buenos Aires.
Buenos Aires will also be your classroom. Learn about visual arts in the city and then meet with local graffiti artists before seeing their work. Study the impact of globalization in Latin America and then get an internship with one of the country’s top businesses. Welcome to study abroad!
Open to students of all language levels, the Latin American Societies & Cultures Program allows you to improve your Spanish language skills while taking courses in the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, all of which feature an academic emphasis on Latin America.
If you have beginning- and intermediate-level language skills, you can choose from a wide variety of English-taught IES Abroad courses in areas such as the Arts, Literature, Film, Anthropology, and Political Science. If you have advanced-level Spanish language skills, you have the option to choose from Spanish-taught IES Abroad courses and courses through our prestigious university partners. You also have the option to take up to two English-taught IES Abroad courses.
Finally, we want you to feel at home in Buenos Aires, so we will do everything we can to help you integrate into life in Buenos Aires. From internships to cultural activities, you will have numerous opportunities to get to know Argentina.
While abroad, students continue to pay their Case tuition rather than the tuition at their new institution. In addition there are several expenses students’ financial aid can potentially help to fund. These are listed in the attachments below.